About Me

My photo
I'm 20, for this year taking the year off studies to make some money. My boyfriend is on the other side of the world, despite that we're madly in love and all the hard work and saving and studying I do is so that we can eventually be together.

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Feeling a little crushed

Yesterday i managed to stick to my points and today i've been feeling very unwell so haven't eaten much at all so i'll be under my points.  Apart from that, yesterday I realised that taking the time to cook food makes me less obsessed with it.  Like just preparing it is part of the satisfaction.  See my mum was really sick yesterday and i decided to try to make a chicken casserole before i went to work so the rest of my family woudl have food when they got home.  And that took up a couple hours of my day, trying to come up with a recipe, doing the shopping and the cooking (because i had no idea what i was doing, hehe).  While i was doing that, i didn't snack uncontrollabley or bother obsessing over what i was having for lunch.  When i did finish, i had a healthy snack of a yogurt and later a balanced lunch.  So i think that's an interesting discovery.

Now, as for the reason i'm feeling crushed... yesterday afternoon, after tossing up wether or not to for hours, i decided to let people know on the weight watchers boards that there's a family picnic day this sunday to show support for equal marriage rights in Australia.  I didn't express my opinion on gay marriage rights nor did i ask anyone else to, i just wanted to let anyone who cared know that there was a support event on this weekend because it hadn't really been advertised much.

I was so happy to see a lot of support, but the few negative comments got me a bit down.  And then today i logged on and the posts had doubled! Someone went a bit off the handle and started saying gays are disgusting and deserve no rights, and then abusing Kaz and the rest of us for being 'fat' and 'disgusting'! (Kaz, i am so so so so so so sorry) I feel so sick and horrified and REALLY really upset that this happened in my thread!  It makes me wish I'd never made it... but then part of me knows that i can't let this horrible person make me think like that.

I just hate so much that I tried so hard to be polite and peaceful and inoffensive - and it still turned out absolutely horribley. 

I am SO sorry to anyone who was offended by anyone in my thread.

They also said they reported my thread

4 comments:

  1. I read your post and I did not find it offensive at all, only informative. I would not worry about what other people have written and I am sure Kaz understands that they are the ones with the problem and that you meant no harm. I just cruise through the posts on the boards as this kind of thing happens so often it tends to put me off. I find the blogs I follow very inspiring (including yours) and that is enough for me. The fact that you went to all that trouble today for your family shows what a kind person you are, don't blame yourself for other peoples behavior.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your thread wasn't reported for your content, but the disgusting, vitriolic comments that followed.

    Sleep easy, sweetheart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies, just realised i published this without finishing! Hehe, i should just go to bed i think!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Liza,

    Don't let that person's comments get to you - I reported her comments as well because they were hurtful and unhelpful - and the message boards are all about being helpful and awesome! So, keep being awesome!

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete